IFDR Filtration Solution Improved Productivity Study
Elimination of through spindle tool blockage and machine maintenance.
Customer: D.D. SRL - www.dd-srl.it
Application: Aluminium alloy machining
Machine: Mandelli Horizontal Machining Centre
MWF Pressure: 40 Bar
Original Production Issues
The original filtration system was bulky and unable to remove all aluminium particles and tramp oil from the fluids. This caused: -
- Poor tool life due to through coolant drills blocking
- Pump problems, filtration system unable to adequately remove the finer particles of Aluminium from the metalworking fluid.
This had an impact on the productivity of the machine causing: -
- Loss in productivity due to high maintenance
- Limited fluid life due to tramp oil contamination
- Poor Surface Finish
After consultation with our client, we installed an RBM IFDR 400/40 Filtration Solution. This was installed in April 2008.
Health & Safety
- Reduced waste & bacterial growth
- Reduction in sump side biocide additions
- Reduced waste disposal
- Lower fluid purchase (sump life prolonged)
- Tool life tripled
- Surface finish improved
- Maximised machine availability